Compared to the free version of OMGF, OMGF Pro comes packed with several advanced features, allowing you to improve your WordPress site’s Google Fonts implementation.
Increase GDPR/DSVGO Compliance
If you’re loading fonts directly from Google’s servers, their logging the IP addresses of all your visitors.
In fact, on January 20th, 2022, a German court ruled that loading Google Fonts from their server is in breach of GDPR (DSVGO), because it exposes unnecessary personal data to a US based company.
To keep using Google Fonts, you need to host them locally. There is no alternative.
Fortunately, OMGF Pro does exactly that. 🙂
OMGF Pro complements the free version of OMGF with advanced detection schemes:
To keep using Google Fonts, you need to host them [on your server]. There is no alternative.
|Local Google Fonts||OMGF (free)||OMGF Pro|
|wp_enqueue_style() (wp_styles object)||✅||✅||✅|
|HTML document (||❌||✅||✅|
|Remove resource hints (||❌||✅||✅|
|WebFont Loader (||❌||❌||✅|
|Early Access Google Fonts||❌||❌||✅|
- Define a Fallback Font Stack: Reduce Cumulative Layout Shift by properly implementing font-display swapping and defining a (stack of) fallback font-families for each of your fonts,
- Easily replace unwanted Google Fonts with a System Font of your choice,
- Ensure text remains visible during webfont load by forcing the font-display (swap) attribute throughout all your stylesheets and @font-face statements,
- Preload fonts: easily preload key requests from within the Management panel.
Reduce Fonts Bloat
OMGF Pro goes beyond locally hosting Google Fonts and provides you with tools to Reduce bloat caused by other plugins and themes:
- Easily unload font-styles (e.g. italics) and/or font-weights (e.g. bold) you don’t use,
- Define which subsets should be loaded for all fonts throughout your WordPress configuration. This can reduce the size of your Google Fonts stylesheets by ~90% for the most popular fonts!
Daan goes above and beyond for his customers, and I appreciate his help very much! Thank you so much for your support on my upgrade issue on my website, Daan!
Got a problem with reactivating licence. Daan made it happen in under 24 hours and showed me, how to do it. As a digital fool i highly appreciate such fantastic support!
Tool is working properly and it’s easy to use. Daans Support is also over the top, also in mind of the affordable price of the Tool.
I have worked with three SEO experts for the past two years. Nobody could figure out why I was failing Google insights. I installed the pro version of omgf and was passing within thirty minutes. Wish I found this plugin two years ago.
I recently had the pleasure of discovering the WordPress plugin OMGF (Optimize My Google Fonts), and I must say, it has truly revolutionized the way I handle Google Fonts on my websites. Developed by Daan van den Bergh, OMGF has exceeded all my expectations and has become an essential tool in my webmaster toolkit. I purchased the Ultimate license to implement on our large network of websites. Initially, the plugin lacked the feature to activate the license of the plugin in bulk on our websites. Daan responded to our support request and devised a solution to this within a few days. Now the plugin is able to be bulk-activated on a large installation of sites. I highly recommend OMGF to anyone looking to enhance their website’s performance, and I can assure you that it will be a valuable addition to your WordPress toolbox.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.