Compared to the free version of OMGF, OMGF Pro comes packed with several advanced features, allowing you to improve your WordPress site’s Google Fonts implementation.
Increase GDPR/DSVGO Compliance
If you’re loading fonts directly from Google’s servers, their logging the IP addresses of all your visitors.
In fact, on January 20th, 2022, a German court ruled that loading Google Fonts from their server is in breach of GDPR (DSVGO), because it exposes unnecessary personal data to a US based company.
To keep using Google Fonts, you need to host them locally. There is no alternative.
Fortunately, OMGF Pro does exactly that. 🙂
OMGF Pro complements the free version of OMGF with advanced detection schemes:
To keep using Google Fonts, you need to host them [on your server]. There is no alternative.
- Webfont Loader or,
@font-facestatements embedded in CSS files,
- Google’s Early Access API, etc.
- Basically, anything! This includes Material Icons, Material Symbols and resource hints, i.e.
- Define a Fallback Font Stack: Reduce Cumulative Layout Shift by properly implementing font-display swapping and defining a (stack of) fallback font-families for each of your fonts,
- Easily replace unwanted Google Fonts with a System Font of your choice,
- Ensure text remains visible during webfont load by forcing the font-display (swap) attribute throughout all your stylesheets and @font-face statements,
- Preload fonts: easily preload key requests from within the Management panel.
Reduce Fonts Bloat
OMGF Pro goes beyond locally hosting Google Fonts and provides you with tools to Reduce bloat caused by other plugins and themes:
- Easily unload font-styles (e.g. italics) and/or font-weights (e.g. bold) you don’t use,
- Define which subsets should be loaded for all fonts throughout your WordPress configuration. This can reduce the size of your Google Fonts stylesheets by ~90% for the most popular fonts!
first of all: a great plugin as it does a lot of manual work for you. the real reason for this review is the very fast, competent and friendly support, which never loses patience even with the many beginner questions. the decision for this plugin was absolutely right.
The basic and free plugin has worked out fine on some of my clients websites. Others required a more sophisticated coding that's why i have chosen the PRO plugin. With that i could solve 9 out of 10 sites, but one site did not cooperate – and than there was Daan:
He helped me in a course of days to fix all the issues with the theme etc.
Now it's all fine!
Summarized: Working, easy to use, great support, reasonable pricing. What else could I ask for?
The Support and communication is great and the installation absolutely easy and well done. Since Germany is going mad about privacy with google fonts, it is an absolute time safer, when you have to install fonts locally on multiple websites. Thanks a lot.
Daan’s plugin is able to solve even tricky font integrations, where others fail. In the rare cases, where it also fails, Daan’s support is quick and helpful – even a beta version was provided for solving a special problem. This is worth every € we spent – Big THX!
I installed the OMGF Pro Plug-In and because of a special case I had it worked not the first time. Short Email to the Developer and within hours I got a new version which solved my issue completely.
Great and excellent Support, I´m happy.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.