Did you know? Help Scout’s Help Desk and Beacon features are GDPR compliant. However, Help Scout’s Docs knowledge base is not, when it comes to storing customer information.
I ❤️ Help Scout, but…
Help Scout is by far the most user-friendly, yet affordable customer support software out there.
However, if you’re a European business owner — like me — and you’re bound to GDPR, using Help Scout’s Docs feature basically means you can’t offer your clients proper documentation without nagging them for prior consent!
I’m sure you agree that’s ridiculous, but there’s more…
Aside from not being GDPR compliant, Help Scout Docs has a few other major drawbacks:
- An outdated, barely customizable layout,
- No proper integration with your website (except by using a subdomain),
- No proper integration with your corporate identity,
- Terrible (i.e. not SEO friendly) URL structure.
Since no one else — not even Help Scout Desk! — came up with a proper solution, I decided to come up with one myself.
Introducing: Help Scout Docs on Steroids.
WordPress + Help Scout Docs = 🔥
Help Scout Docs for WordPress allows you to:
- Automatically integrate and embed Help Scout Docs into WordPress and your theme,
- Use shortcodes to create templates for your documentation’s base, categories and articles,
- Access documentation using a proper, customizable, subdirectory structure (e.g.
And last, but definitely not least, it allows you to:
- Keep using Help Scout Docs in full compliance with the GDPR!
All contents are cached in WordPress’ database and served to your visitors from there. Your visitors don’t make a single connection to Help Scout’s (US based) servers. I.e. no personal data is transferred outside the EU! Yay!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.